Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Black supremacy sixth anniversary

Default Black supremacy sixth anniversary

It's six years and we are still going strong,kare kii,Black Supremacy sixth anniversary Gaza Princess...These were among the the messages passed out through t-shirts in yesterday's Black Supremacy's sixth anniversary celebrations.

It was almost not going to take place at least that's what i knew all haters were thinking and even for all their love their fans and crew were also worried.Ever since this Dj unit was formed there has been no year that this annual event has been delayed so much.Seeing that the unit first made its début in April 2003 in the Kenyan reggae scene,it was only fit that their anniversary always fell between April and 1st June.

Anyway all roads led to Achiever's yesterday to celebrate this great team.Much has happened especially the past year but this has not deterred Simple Simon from steering this sound to greater heights as the back of his white t-shirt read(six years and still going strong).So all you haters move aside or along...

By 10.30 the venue was packed to capacity and in full swing.i note that Professor Nuts has reclaimed his place at the wheels of steel of Black Supremacy.Note that he had left this unit and formed a splinter group which was based at Chemil Club(One of Black Supremacy's former clubs).Later when i ask him why he had shifted goalposts ,he tells me that,"Hii industry ina mahaters wengi na ukitaka kukula lazima ukue upande zote."As i walk past a friend of mine who seems stressed that she has been denied acess to the VIP lounge.I ask her what she is talking about and it is only after she has pointed it out to me that i get what she is saying.Before you start pointing out any fingers she did get in eventually.

I am surprised that there is even a VIP Lounge.This is a first ,compared to other anniversaries.This area is full of all the die hard fans of Black Supremacy from the days of Nyanza and even way back to when the sound was not a reggae sound only.The first thing i notice in this area are the forum members.By the way big up to all of you who made it and a big lose to all of you who didn't.But don't worry I'll fill you in with all the juicy details of the event.

At around 10.30 ,P-Unit as we knew it before the split(Nonini,Gabu,Frasha and Boni) make their way through the now crowded VIP area.These guys seem to be so in sync with the crowd you wouldn't notice they are Genge artistes if you didn't know them.Nons explains this to me by telling me that,"We are all reggae fans and i grew up listening to reggae music ,this was because my big bro was a huge reggae fan,but genge is my style of music."He continues to add that,"I feel that Kenyans who are trying to tap in the reggae music scene are trying to spoil the authenticity of this type of music.Genge is from Kenya,Bongo from TZ and reggae should be from Jamaica and the Caribbean."Do you agree on this?

I look towards the table they are seated and i spot Refigah,Dj Josh,and wait," is that Kanye West ?" I ask myself ,nope it's just Dj Last Born spotting his designer shades.Kenzo and his boo Marysha who is also an Ogopa Artiste are also among the group of local celebrities.Okay let me not pretend like i knew that they were a couple all along coz i didn't.This prompts me to ask them how long they have gone out,"One year."They answer in unison.I am even more surprised when they tell me that they are both huge reggae fans and that they like Black Supremacy's way of mixing reggae.In that they are not afraid of playing new music and exploring local new talent.All this time sweet reggae music mixed by Professor Nuts accompanied by Mc Jushman is blaring through the speakers.The Metro FM crew who include Njambi and Junior Dread are also present.

At around midnight just when things are starting to get hotter than hot.P-Unit excluding Nons are getting ready to leave.Not that they were bored they had a show in Pangani.But not before they make their way to the stage to celebrate the anniversary in style.At exactly 12.15 ,the celebs and Black Supremacy staff then help Simple Simon Simon in popping the champagne but not before he displays why he is the head of the hottest reggae dj unit in Kenya by sampling some of his mixes.Then the Genge group greeted the crowd while they did their "juu tu sana "mix.Kenzo also said hi to the much hyped crowd.But it was Nons who brought the house down with his greetings mixed with a little bit of sampling his new hit "kadhaa."By the time he was through he left the crowd begging for more.As the overzealous batch of youth kept shouting ,"rudia tena,mwacheni aendelee!"By the time Simple Simon was through with distributing the champagne, all that the 1000 people and so crowd wanted was the empty bottle,as in they literally fought for it.I couldn't get why they were fighting for it but maybe it's a memento of some sorts ama?

The hype that was in Achievers was now vibrating through all corners.As fans and the Black Supremacy crew were all displaying unmeasurable happiness.As Last Born,Dj Ebony,Professor Nuts and Ronnie Boy were all mixing in turns as the celebs made their way out of the stage.With Mc Fullstop at the mic hyping them,they seemed as if they were being charged after every second.He was getting the crowd even more excited when he kept reminding them that the K24 Camera Crew were in the building and recording every minute of the event .The crazy Summit lager beer of buying two and getting one free was not helping matters as people went all out with it ,by buying the new beer brand.The Djs even overheated the machines and they had to ask for others,but before this could happen they were trying to cool them off with fans .After a while the mixing was left to Professor Nuts who churned out wicked massai warrior tunes.

At 2.30 it was time for the boy wonder-Dj Ronnie Boy to shine .But not before Dj Last Born had a chance to work out his Midas touch on the crowd from around 1 am (I mean that's why he was born to last) as his mixes haven't aged a bit as he keeps re-inventing himself constantly.Lady Bee then made her way to the club.Although she is ageing her love for reggae hasn't ,as she danced the night away to the sweet reggae music.The Brown Daughter (Celina Njoki)with her hubby Councillor Mato also made their way to the club at this time.

I then spot Dj Technics formerly of Black Supremacy and he discloses that the real reason he left the team was because,"the unit was not giving me a chance to develop myself as a Dj.They would not let me go for gigs as a solo artiste."His leaving ended up being a win win situation as he has since travelled abroad twice and he is not doing bad at all and the unit has also travelled twice abroad for their own gigs.Mc Daddy Poa and Mc Jah Watchman who are also former Mc's of the unit were also present.Jah Watchman affirmed that he is concentrating on his music career presently.

At 4pm it's Simple Simon and Fulstop who rule the dance floor with their dance hall tunes.They start with tunes from Gully Side before edging on to the Gaza Camp and finally mixing all the hottest dancehall tunes.As Migingo and Masha dance rule the floor.I wonder why there are few local dancing styles this year and where the Black Supremacy dancers went to.

At 5.30 when the show is winding up Simple Simon leaves the decks for Professor once again.By this time we are all worn out but looking forward to many other anniversaries.This is when Dj Tsunami makes his entry to the machines with the dub plate starting with words,"watch out it's gonna be a Black Supremacy storm... and it surely will coz they will never stop as this is just the beginning as they will go on and on.

Quote Originally Posted by marie View Post
    It's six years and we are still going strong,kare kii,Black Supremacy sixth anniversary Gaza Princess...These were among the the messages passed out through t-shirts in yesterday's Black Supremacy's sixth anniversary celebrations.
    It was a massive bash. Over 1000 heads showed up. Was nice meeting u marie.
    Salute the Most High Always

Default Blacksupremacys 6th anniversary and video

Video for those who didn't manage to attend ..........rar files are password protected request the pass on this thread

Usershare links

http://usershare.net/ox80ql0n6lam
    http://usershare.net/knrwzmzj6fha
    http://usershare.net/30px07g37vpg
    http://usershare.net/ts9291nh98z4
    http://usershare.net/6g2qv63n0bu8

rapidshare links

http://rapidshare.com/files/25658434...sary.part1.rar
    http://rapidshare.com/files/25658412...sary.part2.rar
    http://rapidshare.com/files/25658246...sary.part3.rar
    http://rapidshare.com/files/25658250...sary.part4.rar
    http://rapidshare.com/files/25658312...sary.part5.rar

Pictures

[IMG]http://blacksupremacysounds.com/gallery/albums/Blacksupremacys 6th anniversary @club archievers/100_7865.JPG[IMG]

Ebony :nine: jah know the empress deh looking crisp

Special thanx goes out to all who attended Supremacy 6th anniversary

P.s; To all who thought we won't make it i hope you are still counting
    look out for the 7th anniversary..............

All those forum members who could not make it,it was so un-fortunate,otherwise only big sounds host big events.

I can hardly believe we are done with the 5th year since the foundation of Blacksupremacy entertainment.

Seems like just yesterday, we celebrated the 5th anniversary. And as projected, it's going to be a terrific 6th year!

Contrary to the fears and the gloom that hung over Kenya at the start of the year, everything is looking up.

It is gratifying that we have all but caught up with the shortfalls experienced in the first 3 quater of the year 2008. It is also gratifying to see the country is fully back on track both politically and in the economy!

For these we are grateful to the most high!

Blacksupremacy has continued to grow from strength to strength: We have experienced considerable growth; organically, and in the numbers enrolled to our DJ Academy.

Literally all departments have been performing excellently.

One department that seems to be experiencing a quiet revolution is the Mc Department. Under the able stewardship of Head MC,John Maina (A.K.A) MC.Fullstop and the entire Proffesional dancers.

On the Dj academy, Certificate in Dj programme is emerging as a “flagship” programme and worthy of mention.

This is under Ronald Abuya (A.K.A) DJ Ronnie boy. who is well known for his artistic way of executing clean mixes and developing unique sound textures. a clear indication of the strucuture in the academy designed to accomodate all skill levels from begginners to advanced.
    The academy is surely growing fast given the numbers it has attracted. I'm reliably informed that year to date we have registered 107 (BSS) students from across the nation and our neighbouring country Uganda.

This unique, and BSS's own course is a “hybrid” of developing a keen sense of rhythm and timing, Much credit to a much celebrated Dj: Bernard Ouma. (A.K.A) DJ Lastborn He has prepared many students (who today are proffessionals,) in being both flexible in Dancehall and reggea music, as well as equiping them with the requisite mixing skills to either set up or professionally run sounds related businesses and/or media shows with an entrepreneurial flavor.

And the idea of expanding our branches to east and central africa couldn't have come at a better time than now.

We believe BSS is preparing the future DJ's and MC'S in the entertainment industry – watch this space!

As more and more youths follow suit in taking up certification, we are stepping up BSS quality framework and orientation. The quality department, led by the Quality Management Representative (QMR), Mr. Hussein Isiera Chavera together with the entire Academy Management team,(ACM) will be spearheading company-wide ACM trace campaign. The campaign is intended to ensure that all BSS former students, live our mission and vision and are fully focused on delivering uncompromised quality services in their respective corners where they are selling their artistic touch in terms of Dj'ng.

My hearty congratulations to the sales and training team under the able hands of Mr. David Onyango, the sales team and training department appear to confirm that the saying Taking over! is felt to it's intended value.

For this first quater of the year, the sales department will be conducting it's final year reserch in east africa, this will include to: identify, quantify and target the regions that we want to serve and can serve well.
    They do study the market as it is, and as it will be and evaluate constantly the changes in the market's wants. The team has a keen passion developing winning marketing strategies and earning the trust from the entire management team

On the BSS missile tour,
    http://blacksupremacysounds.com/foru...read.php?t=554 Our collaboration with our clients in all the continents, are going strong. Recently, Kenyan citizens based in Dubai have highly demanded for a comeback of Simple simon and Mc fulstop. Well, you have it! 31 July will be yours to enjoy! Plans are in pipeline to have a well balanced tour where seashells experienced the same entertainment.
    What a carrebian feeling it must have been judging from the photos:
    http://blacksupremacysounds.com/foru...read.php?t=630

Riddim up @K24,
    The concept would not have come at any better time than this. It is already giving a good account of its brief existence:
    In our 6th anniversary, it conducted an “open week suggestions” Under the able stewardship of Head MC,John Maina which included among others a questioneer on the show's presentation and content, which i must admit, was encouraging. This is amongst the many simple ways we do to make the show belong to these that matter to us the most.

And this is none other than .... you our fanbase!

Congratulation to you all for it's with your patronage that BSS celebrates it's 6th anniversary. You are all winners! @ mtambo, Ras gaks, chief kigongi, Mayut, Ras mnatty, Top shota, Abumaye , Celine geekinya, Rebel Liberation sounds, lizkiller, Mwenyeji, rashid, the list is endless...
    Keep on supporting your number one entertainment group.

We are committed to serving you to the utmost of our ability, with integrity and earning your trust.

Finally please join me in congratulating The master mind behind the main art of blacksupremacysound. Simple Simon. It is in your wisdom, That your dream is in practice.

You are simply a genius.

I wish all our staff and fans continued fruitfulness and fulfilling achievements as we set our eyes to 7th anniversary!

Supremacy to the world!
    God bless you all!

Benson G. Kyendo,
    Managing Director.
    Last edited by Benson; 07-08-2009 at 03:37 PM.

knowledge is great, but experience is the ultimate gift.

...told like it is.....am glad to be part of the fraternity n will continually support BSS..........BSS TO THE WORLD jah bless
    DONT MEASURE YOUR WORDS........WEIGH THEM

First let me say congratulations Black Supremacy Sound on your 6th Anniversary. Since Benjy put some good points about the Dj Academy, I felt that I have to say something. How much is the Dj course? A farover yout approached Dj Lastborn and he was told the Dj training is ksh.20,000 for a three-month course. Where is a ghetto yout supposed to get that kind of money?

Can you give us a course outline/curriculum, what a person is supposed to learn in those 3 months. And how much it is??

I’m glad to see the show went on great. The females look real pretty..LOL…But I’m very disappointed that no reggae artist performed at this show. So, I have one question; would you say Black Supremacy is a Disco Sound or a Reggae Sound? If you are a reggae sound, I believe you should make an effort to promote reggae artists. At least Ousmane should have performed since he is supposed to be a Black Supremacy artist. Big up Nonini & the Genge artists sameway, but as a reggae fan, I would want to see more reggae artists being promoted by REGGAE SOUNDS!!! Respect!!
    "if yuh nuh know the belly a yuh sound yuh cannot be a bad selector” - Squingy